With fall now well here, it’s time for vivid energy with the vivid leaves. What have the Shames been up to?
We had an incredibly productive (and long overdue) studio meeting, where we talked about what was working, what wasn’t, what we’d like to do more of, and how to move forward on all of it. It was very motivating! Meetings can be used for good!
Meanwhile, my book of structured-unstructured prompts, “Promptly: Write Fast, Write Now!“, was released! You can buy your very own copy on Amazon or through most of your favorite online retailers through Draft2Digital. I’m thinking of posting some samples of work spawned by my own prompts on the blog, mostly as warmup exercises…
If you’ve been waiting eagerly for more of “The Writers in the Room,” never fear! Amy and I are posting our backlog so we can get a very special NaNoWriMo episode out next week. Here are the most recent episodes:
- The 10 Writers You’ll Meet – a mock listicle-style episode listing out ten stereotypical writertypes Amy and I have known in our lifetimes.
- The Joys of Editing – we rant about how much we dislike the editing phase of th writing process.
- Writing Exercises – a live write-in with the two of us! You can use our prompts or choose your own and join along.
- Good Omens, Part II – a spoilerful review of the second half of Amazon’s miniseries based on Good Omens.
- Tropes on Tropes – another round of writing exercises, this time based on tvtropes.org and some basic fairy tales.
Amy and I are also working on a slight retooling of TWitR, which we’re pretty excited about. It involves segments, new music, and a little more structure to our jabbering. Levelling up!!
We’ve spent a good amount of time outside, in the truck!
This is a new topic for content — both videos and photographs — and Jake, Josh, and Zach in particular are spending some time figuring out how to start making serious work out of it.
I continue to make slow but steady progress on assembling our EP. Most tracks are fully recorded and just need to be arranged, though there are still a fair few parts to capture. Thanks to JUNO, however, I’ve been able to take some of these songs to the next level with texture, artful repetition, and wordless storytelling. SO HYPE RIGHT NOW 🙌
If you’re someone who writes collaboratively and regularly, and you’re interested in being part of an author collective, please contact me! I’d love to talk.